Quite a number of you will have received leaflets through your letter box from a group calling itself STOP NORTHOLT. We would like to give you the facts as we know them regarding the claims in this leaflet:
- Runway works to start in 2018 – these are to REPAIR the runway and improve the arrester beds to prevent aircraft overshooting onto the A40. These have been promised for some time but the MoD has finally released the necessary monies
- Possible scheduled service – this has been floating around for some time – realistically with the airbase operating as it does now there is NO way a scheduled service could operate out of Northolt.
- The number of movements and type of civilian aircraft are strictly limited
- The maximum no of movements per year is 12000 (a movement is a landing or a take-off) – these can only operate between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday to Friday and 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- The maximum number of movements per day is 40.
- Aircraft have a maximum capacity of 29 passengers.
- We hope this helps to clarify the situation.