New planning applications this week in UB10 8 then DF, HH, HJ, HP, LN, ND, NP, PL, QA and UF. No new appeals. Map link.
New planning applications this week in UB10 8 then AD ,BA ,BU ,EJ ,JD ,PW and QU. No new appeals. Map link.
New planning applications this week in UB10 8 then AG, HT, JD, NX, RT and SD. New appeal in EU. Map link.
New planning applications this week in UB10 8 then BA, HP, LN, NG and SA. New appeals in DG and PN. Map link.
Your vehicle could be at risk
Catalytic converter thieves are active in Ickenham
They target HYBRID versions of TOYOTA AURIS, TOYOTA PRIUS and also HONDA JAZZ, HONDA CR-V and LEXUS RX
If you see any suspicious activities please call 999 immediately
To reduce the risk of having your catalytic converter stolen, you should:
- Park your car in a locked garage where possible, but if this isn’t an option, then park it in a well-lit and well-populated area
- Park close to fences, walls or a kerb with the exhaust being closest to the fence, wall or kerb to make the theft more difficult
- Avoid parking your vehicle half on the pavement and half on the road, as this may make it easier for thieves to access the catalytic converter
- If parking in a public car park, consider parking alongside other cars and facing you bonnet towards the wall if possible. With the catalytic converter positioned at the front of your vehicle, this will make it harder for thieves to get close enough to steal it
- If there is a fleet of vehicles, park the low clearance vehicles to block the high clearance vehicles. This will obstruct access underneath
- If your catalytic converter is bolted on, you can ask for your local garage to weld the bolts to make it more difficult to remove.
- Alternatively, you can also etch a serial number on the converter
- You can even purchase a ‘cage clamp’ which is a cage device that locks in around the converter to make it more difficult to remove
- Speak to your dealership about the possibility of adding a tilt sensor that will activate the alarm should any thief try to jack the vehicle up to steal the converter
If you see someone acting suspiciously under a vehicle, report it to the Police.
This from the IRA:
AGM: Regrettably, given the current situation we will have to postpone our 2021 AGM scheduled for April. We will keep monitoring the situation and as soon as we are able to do so, will arrange a new date for the AGM
Newsletter: Read the Spring edition of our Ickenham Calling newsletter online at https://ickresa.files.wordpress.com/2021/03/nl-spring-2021-final.pdf
We have also printed a limited number of copies and are very grateful to the ICN distribution team who have kindly agreed to let us put copies in their plastic dispensers – we will be distributing our newsletter to these locations over the next few days
These dispensers can be found in the following locations throughout the village: Aylsham Drive, Breakspear Road South, Bushey Road, Clovelly Avenue, Derwent Avenue, Glebe Avenue, Glebe School, London & Home Counties, Oak Avenue, St Giles’ Churchyard, The Avenue, The Greenway, The Grove, Thornhill Road (2 Dispensers), Urc/Rectory and Wallasey Crescent.
Thank you for your understanding and fingers crossed for our Summer edition
We thought you’d like to know that letters from Affinity Water are being distributed to warn that properties without water meters are going to have them installed. This is not a scam and it’s not an option. Here’s the relevant bit of the text:
“Your meter will be fitted free of charge and you can continue paying on a non-metered basis for up to two years after we fit it. During this year, we’ll send you information on how much water you’re using, with handy tips on saving water and money. You can switch to metered billing early at any point, please contact us on 0345 357 2403 You will automatically be switched to metered billing two years after your meter is installed.”
New planning applications this week in UB10 8 then AN, DL, EU, HP, HU, LR, LW and RH. New appeal in SZ. Map link.
New planning applications this week in UB10 8 then EG, HT, JD, LR, LW, PU, SJ, SS and TJ. No new appeals. Map link.
In case this is of use to you:
FREE VACCINE TAXIS: Age UK, the charity supporting older people, is offering a free taxi service for people aged 50 and above to get to and from their COVID-19 vaccination appointments. The scheme covers Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham, Hillingdon, Harrow and Brent, and runs until the end of March. The service uses Uber and the full cost of the travel to and from the vaccination centre will be covered.
If you are aged 50 or above and would like Age UK to arrange free taxi transport to and from your COVID-19 vaccination appointment, then please get in touch by emailing Amy Shallon at email@example.com or by calling 07947 188 221.