|BATTLE OF BRITAIN 80th ANNIVERSARY CONCERT
Sunday 17th October 2021 at 7.30 pm
Battle of Britain Bunker Visitor Centre, Wren Avenue, Uxbridge, UB10 0GG
PROGRAMME TO INCLUDE:
Adults £12, Concessions £10, Children 11-16 £5, under 11 Free
This Wednesday (8th) meet our recycling officers outside Ickenham Village Hall 10am to 3pm
They’ll be answering all your waste and recycling questions.
Saturday 4th September Open House Day
Time: 10am to 4pm
Group capacity: 12
Entrance to Main Ground Floor Hall and up Main Staircase only
Please feel free to circulate this information
|We have been asked to circulate this to you:|
We are delighted to share with you our Colne Valley Park Festival Fortnight details, which has an exciting programme of events and activities for everyone to enjoy across the whole Colne Valley. Please do share this post, as we would be thrilled for as many people to enjoy what is on offer as possible.
From Batchworth to Staines, Langley to Uxbridge, we are partnering with volunteer groups, organisations and charities to offer you a variety of guided walks, online talks, children’s activities and more for you to enjoy over the Festival Fortnight: Saturday July 24th to Sunday August 8th 2021
Follow our link: https://www.colnevalleypark.org.uk/colne-valley-festival-fortnight-2021/
To find out more, book on the events and get ready to explore, enjoy and discover the Colne Valley Park!
Archaeologists working in Hillingdon on the HS2 project have uncovered a fascinating rare set of Iron Age potins, an early version of the coin, dating back to the 1st century BC.
If you would like to find out more about this discovery, a free webinar on 19 July will explain all. You can register for it here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/festival-of-archaeology-hillingdons-hidden-history-tickets-157616668699
In case this is of use to you:
FREE VACCINE TAXIS: Age UK, the charity supporting older people, is offering a free taxi service for people aged 50 and above to get to and from their COVID-19 vaccination appointments. The scheme covers Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham, Hillingdon, Harrow and Brent, and runs until the end of March. The service uses Uber and the full cost of the travel to and from the vaccination centre will be covered.
If you are aged 50 or above and would like Age UK to arrange free taxi transport to and from your COVID-19 vaccination appointment, then please get in touch by emailing Amy Shallon at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07947 188 221.
You may well have seen this on the village Facebook pages but just in case you haven’t:
The Rotary Club announces
Please donate generously to Santa and his amazing team
Socially-distanced Santa will be bringing his musical sleigh to Ickenham visiting: Gibson Road, Campden Road, Charlbury Road, Enstone Road, Malcolm Road, Woodstock Drive, Halford Road, Swakeleys Drive, Thornhill Road.
Because of COVID-19, we can’t collect door-to-door, but we are raising money for the London Air Ambulance and Coram Life Education (Hillingdon).
You can donate through: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/santahillingdon
Or text: SANTAHILLING to 70085 to donate £5 (texts cost £5, plus one standard rate message).
The schedule for Ickenham is from 6:30pm as follows:
* Thursday 10th December – Ickenham
* Gibson Road (but not between Campden & Nettleton), Campden Road, Charlbury Road, Enstone Road, Malcolm Road (but not between Nettleton & Woodstock), Nettleton Road, Woodstock Drive (but not between Swakeleys & Gibson), Halford Road, Swakeleys Drive, Thornhill Road (between Woodstock & Gibson).
* Friday 11th December – Ickenham
* Lawrence Drive (but not between Crosier & St Giles), Crosier Rd, Glebe Ave (but not between Long Lane & Crosier), St. Giles Ave, Austins Lane (between St Giles & Glebe), Sussex Rd (between Glebe & Burnham). Tavistock Rd, Burnham Ave (but not between Glebe & Milverton), Milverton Drive, Edinburgh Drive, The Paddock, Long Lane.
* Monday14th December – Ickenham
* Greenacres Ave (between Derwent & St Georges), St Georges Drive, Copthall Road West (between St Georges & Derwent), Derwent Ave, Wallasey Cres, Hoylake Cres, Woodland Close, Eleanor Grove, Rectory Way, Swakeleys Road (between Rectory Way & Derwent).
The new Woodlands Club at 75 Long Lane, Ickenham is now open for the over 65s – Coffee Mornings/Afternoons held each Wednesday and Friday. they also offer Memberships on Mon, Tues and Thurs.
for further information please contact
Tel: 01895 634830 email email@example.com
In case you didn’t know, the latest edition of ICN is available to view or download online.
Sadly, like most of our local organisations, deliveries to households are on hold till the situation improves and it is safe for all our volunteers to deliver again.