HS2 Works Update: New utility surveys and ground investigations for Thames Water works from mid-May, and works restarting this week
Posted on May 4th 2020 by HS2 in Hillingdon
We are working closely with our construction partners to review the works on all our construction sites in line with Government and Public Health England (PHE) advice on dealing with Covid-19. The Government’s current Covid-19 strategy makes clear that construction activity can continue as long as it complies with this guidance, which you can see by clicking here.
The below works are going ahead as our contractors are confident that they can operate in line with PHE and industry guidance, protecting our staff and the communities in which they are working.
- Thames Water will be undertaking ground investigation works near the Greenway in Ickenham. To read more about this work please see the notification sent to residents by clicking here.
- Utility surveys on Ickenham Road – 26 to 28 May, to find out more please read the notification by clicking here.
- Utility surveys on Long Drive and Station Approach – 18 to 21 May, to find out more please read the notification by clicking here.
- Work will restart on the National Grid overhead powerline diversion. You can read more about this work on the dedicated page by clicking here.
- Archaeological surveys, including aerial surveys on land between Breakspear Road South and Harvil Road will resume in May.