|Update: Weekend works at West Ruislip site entrance|
What we are doing
We wrote to you July to advise you that weekend works would be taking place on the 7 and 8 August 2021. Due to issues with asphalt delivery, we will now be carrying out repair works to the existing access from the bell mouth junction off Ickenham High Road at the West Ruislip site entrance this weekend, 21 and 22 August.
If asphalt needs to be cut, this will be carried out on Friday 20 August, within normal working hours in order to minimise noise at the weekend.
Once the repairs have been undertaken, new asphalt will be laid, compacted and road markings will be reinstated.
Duration of works 21 and 22 August 2021
From 8am to 6 pm on both days
What to expect
Road planers, breakers, excavators and JCB vehicles will be used to remove the concrete and then asphalt delivery lorries and rollers to reinstate and compact the new road surface
What we will do
Sweep roads to remove any debris. Carry out noisy works outside of the weekend
More info: https://www.hs2.org.uk/work-items/update-weekend-works-at-west-ruislip-site-entrance/
Upcoming works at our site on Breakspear Road South
Duration of works From 30 August to December 2021
From 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm on Saturdays where required
We may be on site an hour before the start and/or the end of each shift
What to expect
Delivery and set up of equipment and plant such as cranes, piling rigs and stone column delivery vehicles
What we will do
Continue to monitor our working methods and minimise disruption to the local community
Advise our staff to be mindful of our neighbours
Works are ongoing at our site to build the new bridge over Breakspear Road South and the River Pinn. From the 30 August 2021, we will be carrying out the following activities:
• Pile breakdown on both sides of the road
• Installation of stone column foundations for the embankments
• Removal of the current foot bridge over the River Pinn
• Installation of the temporary haul road over the River Pinn
• Completion of the temporary car park
• Installation of sheet piles either side of the road to support abutment work.
• Excavation of the foundations on the embankment which will be replaced with granular material to the bridge alignment
• Start of work to build the bridge abutments
We will continue to monitor noise, dust and vibration throughout our works and ensure that measures are in place to minimise disruption.
There is a separate notification for the diversion of the Celandine Way as it passes underneath our works.
Activity Start date and Estimated end date:
Remove old U46 footbridge w/c 27 Sept – 15 Oct
Install haul road bridge w/c 04 Oct – 28 Nov
Car Park Works ongoing – 20 Sept
Pile breakdown (Breakspear Road South Underbridge) w/c 23 Aug (west abutment) – 15 Oct (east abutment)
Gatemead stone column foundation test area w/c 30 Aug – 19 Nov
Sheet piling for Breakspear Road South- East abutment w/c 13 Sept – 24 Sept
Raised embankments w/c 22 Nov – Mid 2022
Bridge abutments W/C 11Oct – 22 Nov
• Footbridge removal – existing U46 structure removed and River Pinn protected.
• Haul road – once River Pinn protected a temporary heavy-duty bridge constructed for lorry haul road.
• Car Park – relocation for staff vehicles that are currently on the HS2 route alignment.
• Pile breakdown – removal of excess concrete from the bored piles to the bridge abutments.
• Stone column – different form of foundation construction to the embankments.
• Sheet piling – Temporary steel sheet piling that will allow work to either side of the road on the abutments.
• Raised embankments – on the approaches to the bridges the route alignment will be built up with compacted granular material.
• Bridge abutments – abutments are part of the substructure on either side of the road that will provide support to the superstructure (deck) of the bridge